Wehrtechnik & Rüstung, Gemeinsame Außen- und Sicherheitspolitik
- Beiträge: 207
- Registriert: Di 24. Apr 2018, 11:51
UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson announced today that the Royal Air Force has reached Initial Operating Capability with the F-35B fighter ...
Speaking at RAF Marham, the Defence Secretary announced the UK now has nine F-35 Lightning jets ready to be deployed on operations around the world.
Source: UK Ministry of Defence; issued Jan 10, 2019
http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articl ... hters.html
DOPPELADLER.COM - Plattform für Österreichs Militärgeschichte. Bundesheer | k.u.k. Monarchie | Weitere Themen
- Beiträge: 2789
- Registriert: So 29. Apr 2018, 17:13
DOT&E FY 2018 Annual Report
http://web.archive.org/web/201902020524 ... ts/fy2018/
http://web.archive.org/web/201902020422 ... f35jsf.pdf
Static Structural and Durability Testing
- For all variants, this testing has led to discoveries requiring repairs and modifications to production designs, some as late as Lot 12 aircraft, and retrofi ts to fielded aircraft.
- Based on durability testing, the service life of early-production F-35B aircraft is well under the expected service life of 8,000 flight hours, and may be as low as 2,100 flight hours. Fleet F-35B aircraft are expected to start reaching their service life limit in CY26, based on design usage. The JPO will continue to use Individual Aircraft Tracking (IAT) of actual usage to help the Services project changes in timing for required repairs and modifications, and aid in Fleet Life Management.
- For the F-35C, expected service life will be determined from the durability and damage tolerance analysis following tear down.